Lamour Dress (Again)

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s vintage fashion circle skirt


I feel like everything I'm making these days is a repeat or update on something else I've made. I mean, in the last couple of months there's been my Black Striped Lace Top - a redesign of other tie neck tops I'd made, the Giraffe Neck Dress - a dress version of a self-drafted top, the red New Look 6150 wrap top - repeat of a black version, and the Vogue 8898 Map Dress - also a repeat (though the original dress from this pattern has never been blogged). And I'm sure there are more to add to that list. So perhaps it's not really a shock that when I liked the outcome of my Lamour Sari Dress, I decided to make another.

This time, I decided to be more faithful to the pattern and make it with the knee length circle skirt rather than the full length box pleat skirt of my first version.

For fabric, I decided to use the paisley print from which I'd made my Print Suit - I'd vastly overestimated how much I'd need for it and had so much left over that even after this project, I've still got enough to make something else. Lucky I like it I guess.




I didn't have any pattern matching to worry about, like I had with my previous version, which made it considerably easier to sew up. I didn't know what to expect from this dress, as though I love the 1950's style, I've never really thought the whole circle skirt thing was very 'me'. It is definitely different from my normal style, but my god it's fun swishing around in it. And it has pockets, and pockets make everything right in the world.

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s glamour vintage fashion halter neck

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s vintage DIY fashion blog

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s vintage fashion circle skirt

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s vintage fashion dressmaking

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s vintage fashion retro dress

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s vintage fashion halter dress

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s vintage fashion circle skirt

Gertie sewing pattern 1950s vintage glamour DIY fashion blog

Comments



  1. This is a very informative post and I really enjoy it a lot.
    I Will use this technique in the future because it is impressive and creative.
    Your topic is related to my work on fabric like mongolian faux fur fabric
    so visit us to find better things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style is so unique compared to other folks I have read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page. urban streetwear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts