Map Skirt (Studio Faro Charles James Skirt)

Studio faro draped steampunk skirt sewing pattern Charles James

I had some fabric leftover from the Vogue 8898 Map Dress I blogged about back in July, so I thought I'd better try and use it up (my fabric stash is growing out of control). 






I didn't have anything particular in mind, but then I came across this Charles James inspired skirt pattern from the wonderful Studio Faro, and I figured it could work pretty damn well.



Image: Studio Faro

I didn't make a toile, but for some reason the fates were with me and the pattern didn't end up needing much tweaking. I'm actually really happy with how it turned out; in fact, I think I prefer it to my dress in the same print. It has a great silhouette yet is also incredibly comfortable to wear, which is a combination I often fail to master. Anyway, here's how the finished skirt looks (I paired it with my scarf neck lace top):

Studio faro draped steampunk skirt sewing pattern DIY fashion

Studio faro draped steampunk skirt sewing pattern fashion blog

Studio faro draped steampunk skirt sewing pattern DIY fashion

Studio faro draped steampunk skirt sewing pattern vintage fashion

Studio faro draped steampunk skirt sewing pattern DIY fashion

Studio faro draped steampunk skirt sewing pattern DIY fashion blog


Comments

Popular Posts