Pearl Sunglasses

Black and white pearl sunglasses DIY craft fashion


Hello all and welcome to Part 2 of my Gluing Stuff on Stuff to Make Better Stuff series! Make sure you catch up on Part 1 (steampunk boots) so you don't miss out on any of the excitement.


Today's project, you will be unsurprised to hear if you read the title, is some pearl sunglasses.

I've always really loved pimped up sunglasses and figured it would be pretty easy to make some myself.

So I got myself some cool shades - these have round blue lenses which give them a steampunk/Victorian quality so I love them, even though round glasses really don't suit me...


Round blue lens steampunk sunglasses DIY project


 I bought a whole load of different colours and sizes of pearls.




First, I bluetacked on some random colours and combinations to see what would work. 



I decided to go slightly crazy, with one white lens rim and one black. It's pretty simple to do - just get some superglue (I used Gem-Tac) and apply this in small sections to the rim, then pick up your pearls (you could use tweezers to make this easier), place them where you like, and boom, you've got yourself some snazzy sunglasses!

Here it is half done...



I also decided to do the sides in the opposite colour...

Black and white pearl sunglasses

Black and white pearl sunglasses fashion blog tutorial DIY

And here's me looking like a cool kid wearing them.

DIY pimped up pearl sunglasses crafting sewing blog tutorial

DIY craft pimped up pearl sunglasses tutorial black white sewing blog

And that's it, folks!

Comments

  1. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. occhiali da sole guess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts