Steampunk Boots

Steampunk cog leather boots DIY fashion upcycled shoes alternative fashion sewing blog


Hello peeps!

So today I've got a non-sewing project to share with you - some pimped up shoes. I do have a bit of a thing for over the top embellished shoes and accessories (as I've probably mentioned in numerous other blog posts...) and have many a plan to improve boring old items by just gluing excessive amounts of random things to them. I'm thinking of making this a series, entitled 'Gluing Stuff on Stuff to Make Better Stuff'.


I got some brown leather ankle boots off eBay for about £5, that were actually pretty nice anyway, but looked like they'd work well with the steampunk theme I had in mind.

Here's what they looked like before - for some reason, I didn't take a picture of the back, which was the area I was going to glue things to so. So I guess there'll be no comparison before and after shot! 



DIY upcycled fashion

To embellish, I bought a load of different sizes and colours of cogs online.





I bluetacked them on first, to get a rough idea of how I wanted it to look.



DIY fashion upcycling steampunk boots alternative fashion


And then I just glued them on! I used Gemtac as it is apparently less of a cancer risk than other superglues, but though the cogs feel pretty securely glued on, some had already fallen off before I'd even put them on. So I may need to go back and glue them with something a little stronger if I ever want to wear them out of the house.



DIY fashion upcycling pimped up cog steampunk shoes

Can you spot the missing cog??

DIY upcycling steampunk cogs pimped up shoes

DIY project with steampunk cogs on brown leather boots

And there you have it - a (so far) totally impractical upcycling project!

Comments

Popular Posts