Super Skinny Trousers (Simplicity 8342)

Vintage retro sewing pattern Simplicity 8342 cropped trousers


Have I ever told you how much I love repetition? I have? Well, let me tell you again: I love repetition.
I made some leather-look trousers using the Simplicity 8342 pattern earlier this year and loved them so much I've actually been wearing them.

Rockabilly cropped trousers retro vintage sewing pattern

I got some vaguely similar fabric earlier this year, which I discussed in my fabric haul post, but I was never 100% convinced on what to do with it, so I just left it in the cupboard hoping some inspiration would hit me.


In light of the large influx of fabric I got last month, I needed to do some serious stash busting in order to make room (though there's still a huge pile left sitting in my office), so I thought it was time to take this out and do something with it. The 2m of fabric ended up making 3 different pieces, but as you've probably guessed by now, this post is just going to be about the trousers. You'll just have to wait to find out what the other two things are. Oh, the suspense.

It's a pretty simple pattern to follow, as I guess you'd expect from a company called Simplicity, and they didn't take too long to whip up. The original pattern is actually for cropped trousers, but I decided to make them full-length both times. I also raised the waist up by a few inches as I wanted them more high-waisted.

This fabric isn't as stretchy as the fabric I'd used the first time around for this pattern, and I didn't think to account for this when cutting the pieces out, resulting in some exceptionally tight trousers. I mean, it makes them incredibly flattering so I'm not exactly complaining, but I do wonder whether they'll cut off circulation in my legs if I wear them for too long...

Anyway, here's the photos (click here for more about the top):

Vintage retro sewing pattern Simplicity 8342 cropped trousers DIY

Vintage retro sewing pattern Simplicity 8342 cropped trousers rockabilly

Vintage retro sewing pattern Simplicity 8342 cropped trousers dressmaking

Vintage retro sewing pattern Simplicity 8342 cropped trousers DIY fashion

Comments

Popular Posts