Mini Wrap Dress (Drape Drape No. 16)

This will be the third LBD I've made using Hisako Sato's Drape Drape, though all have been from different patterns, I swear (view them here and here). Even when I try new things, I somehow manage to repeat myself. This was using no. 16 "Drape Dress with Gathered Sleeves" from the first book, though as you'll see from the photos, the sleeves didn't make it into the cut. As this satin goes quite voluminous when gathered, being covered in that much fabric kind of made me look like I was wearing a bin bag. Which is probably fine in certain situations, but it wasn't really the look I was going for.


Drape Drape isn't necessarily the easiest pattern book to follow, and satin definitely isn't the easiest fabric to work with, especially not when trying to mark out all those tucks and pleats, so yeah, this dress ended up being quite a labour of love. But oh, how I love it! I just can't resist me some drape.

Hisako Sato Drape Drape book 16 drape dress with gathered sleeves sewing DIY fashion

Hisako Sato Drape Drape 16 drape dress with gathered sleeves Japanese sewing book

Hisako Sato book 16 drape dress with gathered sleeves sewing pattern

Hisako Sato 16 drape dress with gathered sleeves Japanese sewing DIY

Hisako Sato Drape Drape book 16 drape dress with gathered sleeves sewing DIY fashion dressmaking

Comments

Popular Posts