Pleather Trousers (Simplicity 8342)

Pants using simplicity 8342 sewing pattern dressmaking 1248 jacket blog


Hello all! Last week I talked about the ultra dramatic jacket I made with the paisley embossed leather-look fabric below, and so this time it's on to the matching trousers I made!




Patterned embossed black stretch faux leather fabric

As I mentioned in my Coming Up Soon post back in November, such was my love for this fabric that I needed to make as much as physically possible out of it. Surprisingly, I'm actually keeping to that - I've made the jacket and trousers, and I've cut out the pattern for the V8311 gloves I want to make (but will they be ready while it's still gloves weather??). 

So anyway, I made the trousers using Simplicity 8342, the rockabilly pattern I used for my RAF dress back in the summer. 


As I wanted full-length trousers rather than cropped, I added...(oh god, I have no idea how much I added...but I did compare them to another full-length trouser pattern I had and just added the difference if that helps!). I may not have thought to record the measurements, but I did actually take a picture, which is in itself a rare treasure these days.

Pleather embossed fabric and trousers sewing pattern

As with the dress from the pattern, it was pretty damn easy to make and only really took a few hours. Somehow, there were no fit issues at all, so I didn't have to bother with adjustments, which is usually where the time goes on my sewing projects.

And I've got to say, I actually really love this pattern! They are so comfortable yet really figure hugging and flattering, which is pretty much the dream. They're much more casual and understated than really anything I make (see the jacket below...), which I have mixed feelings about, but at least I envisage them getting regular use! Anyways, here are some pictures taken with the jacket - I realise they don't really show off the top of the trousers, so I'll try and get some more taken soon!

Pleather trousers jacket dressmaking pattern simplicity 8342 and 1248 sewing blog

Comments

Popular Posts