Leopard Print Turtleneck

Turtleneck jumper sweater sewing tutorial blog DIY fashion dressmaking

So as I mentioned in my last post, I recently came into the possession of quite a lot of fabric. Like, an insane amount. Some of the stuff I have some pretty grand plans for, and some of the stuff I have no idea what to with, so I figured I'd break into the stash by making something relatively quick and easy.


I already knew I wanted to use this leopard print jersey for a turtleneck jumper. The pattern was pretty straightforward to make - I just used the basic pattern I'd made for my lace tops, but with a little extra ease as this fabric isn't as stretchy as the lace. The turtleneck itself is basically just two rectangles sewn together to match the shoulder seams, folded over so that the inside of the turtleneck is also faced with the outer fabric. In total, I think it took me about 5 hours to make. I don't really know if this is fast or slow for normal people, but this damn quick for me.
And here it is, worn with the satin trousers I made recently.

Turtleneck jumper sweater sewing tutorial blog DIY fashion

Turtleneck jumper sweater sewing tutorial blog DIY fashion

Turtleneck jumper sweater sewing tutorial blog DIY fashion

Turtleneck jumper sweater sewing tutorial blog DIY fashion pattern drafting



Comments

Popular Posts