Black Satin Trousers

Burda 1/2016 voluminous pleated trousers pants sewing pattern gothic

Ever since I managed to make my first pair of trousers last year, I've been wanting to make myself a pair of voluminous, neo-Victorian-esque trousers. I was looking through an old Burda Style magazine and came across these satin evening trousers that I figured would work pretty well for the concept.

UK Burda Style January Jan 2016 Evening Trouser pants sewing pattern magazine
UK Burda Style 1/2016 January sewing pattern magazine

UK Burda 1/2016 119 B Trousers

Now I generally find with Burda that you have more luck following their patterns if you already have a pretty good idea of what you're meant to be doing. So if you've only ever made two pairs of trousers, you might find yourself getting quite lost and frustrated when reading their instructions... So I did go a bit wrong at points, but I think I managed to cover it up (from the outside world at least, but not from me).

I decided to whip up a quick cravat out of the same fabric to complete the semi-neo-victorian look, and this is how it all turned out:



Burda 1/2016 voluminous pleated trousers pants sewing pattern gothic

Burda 1/2016 pleated trousers pants sewing pattern gothic fashion DIY

Burda 1/2016 voluminous pleated trousers pants sewing pattern neo-victorian

Burda 1/2016 pleated trousers pants sewing pattern DIY fashion blog

Burda 1/2016 voluminous pleated satin trousers pants sewing pattern gothic


Comments

Popular Posts