Coming up Soon

Hello all!


So I thought now might be the time to give you an update on my sewing plans for the next couple of months, as I have so many projects on the go right now that it might be a while until I actually complete anything. A couple of these don't really count as plans as they have already been made, but I have yet to photograph them, and they are stuck in the 'ongoing' section until I do.



Self Drafted Ball Gown


First in the made-but-not-photographed pile is a ball gown I made waaaay back in the spring. Once I'd finished it, it required a few adjustments to make it a quality I'd be happy with, like being able to wear it and breathe at the same time, for example. These were put off for a fair while and only finished a month or so ago, and since then it's just been waiting for me to put the damn thing on and take some photos.

Fitted sweetheart bodice ball gown fashion sketch drawing

Wrap Top (New Look 6150)


My other made-but-not-photographed item is this New Look 6150 knit top pattern. I made option C, the sleeveless gathered wrap top, in black jersey left over from my Drape Drape projects - the Little Black Dress and Gothic Goddess Dress.


New Look 6150 sewing pattern wrap tops dressmaking blog


Print Suit (McCall's M5938 & Burda 6898)


This one is semi-made - I've done the trousers, nearly done the blazer, but I don't even have a pattern sorted for the waistcoat yet. The jacket uses McCall's M5938 and the trousers use Burda 6898, both in the funky fabric below.
McCall's M5938 sewing dressmaking pattern for jacket blazer blogBurda 6898 sewing pattern for jacket and trousers coordinates blog
Paisley print cotton satin fabric


1940s Dress (Self Drafted)


This is one of the two current projects that actually has a deadline - I am journeying by steam train one day in December, and want to be dressed up in suitable vintage style. As yet, this dress is still in its conceptual stage, but I have all the fabric and notions needed, so it's just a case of me cracking on with it.


Fashion sketch drawing of vintage style asymmetric dress blog


Embossed Jeggings/Jacket/Gloves (Simplicity 8342/Simplicity 1248/Vogue V8311)


I bought some black embossed leather-look jersey about a month ago, and am so infatuated with it I just want to make all the things with it. All of them.



Patterned embossed black stretch faux leather fabric

I'm starting off with some jeggings, for which I'm using Simplicity 8342, the same pattern collection from which I made my RAF Pinup Dress. I've cut out all the pattern pieces, so they're just waiting for me to sew them up.

Simplicity 8342 sewing dressmaking pattern vintage rockabilly top wiggle skirt and cropped trousers

I also want to make a jacket based off Simplicity 1248, again a pattern I've used before, in my Time Traveller's Blazer.


Simplicity 1248 sewing dressmaking pattern steampunk victorian jacket corset and skirt

And then, as clearly this still isn't getting enough use out of the fabric, I want to make some elbow length gloves using Vogue V8311. Maybe if I've got enough scraps I'll even make some regular length gloves. Who knows how far this fabric can stretch.

Vogue V8311 gloves sewing dressmaking pattern


Christmas Dress


I've never been one for celebrating Christmas, but this year I thought I'd go all out and make myself a Christmas-themed outfit, with hat and everything. I might even throw in some bauble earrings if I have time (in other words, I won't, but I'll think long and hard about doing so). The dress is based off the Studio Faro Apron Dress and will be made in red velvet, possibly with a matching xmas hat. Again unlikely, but possibly.

Studio Faro pattern making tutorial for vintage style apron dressFashion sketch drawing for Studio Faro gathered vintage dress
And that's it! I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew here, so don't hold your breath for all of these appearing on the blog before the year's out, but hopefully you'll get to read at least some of these!


Comments

Popular Posts