Giraffe Neck Dress

I was so pleased with the Giraffe Neck Top I made a while back that I decided I needed to make more of them. This was something I'd made that I actually wore, more than once. This was revolutionary. In order to avoid repetition - though I do love repetition - I decided I'd make the next one a dress.

I felt like the top would have been even better if it had a bit more cowl going on, so I added in some extra gathers to the pattern, and obviously, lengthened it. Once that was done, the whole process was exactly the same as for the top, so I had this finished pretty damn quickly. Which also means I have very little to say in this blog post!

I went for some navy fabric this time - the same fabric as I used in last year's RAF dress and this year's Crossover Halterneck Top (I told you I liked repetition. This time it wasn't even leftover fabric, I just re-bought it). I don't wear a lot of navy these days as I worry it clashes with my hair, but meh, maybe I should. Anyway, the photos!


cowl turtleneck dress sewing pattern drafting dressmaking

cowl neck turtleneck dress sewing pattern drafting dressmaking

cowl turtleneck dress sewing pattern drafting dressmaking draping
  
cowl back turtleneck dress sewing pattern drafting self-drafted blog

cowl neck turtleneck dress sewing pattern drafting dressmaking draping

cowl turtleneck dress sewing pattern drafting dressmaking tutorial draping

cowl turtleneck dress sewing pattern drafting dressmaking drapey

cowl turtleneck dress sewing pattern drafting dressmaking draping jersey

Comments

Popular Posts