Suede Pencil Skirt

Pattern making fitted pencil skirt sewing blog

This is another one that has been on Instagram for a while but never transitioned over to the blogosphere.


I got this faux suede a while back in my Fabric Haul and was pretty clear immediately that I wanted to use it for a fitted skirt.



I'd already been thinking about making a brown pencil skirt as part of the lace top outfit I'd designed a long, long time ago, so I figured this would be the perfect excuse to get on and actually make that look.


It was incredibly simple to make - I just used my basic skirt block, taking the sides in by a couple of inches to make it extra fitted all the way down the legs. The result is that it is an ultra flattering shape, but as the fabric has no stretch at all, it is pretty damn tight and not all that practical to wear. But I'm not really a skirt person anyway.

 Self-drafted pattern making fitted pencil skirt sewing

Fitted pencil skirt sewing tutorial pattern drafting

Pattern drafting pattern making sewing blog


Comments

Popular Posts